The Chicago Underground Music Archive

So I started up a new project that kinda span out of some stuff I was doing with Notes and Bolts. I'm partnering to do it with my friend Hanna who plays in a rad punk rock band called Lil Tits and we're aiming to record and upload sets from bands at shows we're going to. We're only using Tascam handheld units, so the recording quality will be really straight forward, diy, and serviceable. It won't be the most amazing thing in the world, but we're still having fun doing it.

What makes it cool, to me, atleast, is that we're making the project community pooled and based. While Hanna and I will be logging over a dozen sets a week in between the two of us, other folks who are recording are allowed to submit their recordings for integration into the archive. Basically, this is gonna be a project that runs on community generated in and output. As this project is centered around the recording of ONLY Chicago bands, I think it's going to make for a really interesting snapshot as the years go by where folks can look back and see what the scenes looked like in 2013 or 2017 or whatever. 

If yr inclined, please give us a Like on Facebook and check out what we're doing. https://www.facebook.com/TheChicagoUndergroundMusicArchive

The small (but growing) archive can be found on the Notes and Bolts site - http://www.notesandbolts.net/p/live-show-archive.html

For now, that's where it'll be, but we're securing space for it to be hosted independently away from N+B.

Thanks to those who check it out! :)