Newbie Question About Speakers

I have a cheap Jensen JTA220 record player (very little money, but a desire to listen to old music led me to get the cheapest one I could find).  It's obviously not the best, but it gets the job done for listening to old country albums from the 60s and 70s.  The speakers are built in, like a portable CD player.  Some albums with a loud range or female singers do not sound real good because of it.  There are 2 speaker hookups on the back.

The question, never having done this before because this is my first record player, will hooking up speakers sound better and cleaner than the internal speakers, or will it just make the internal speaker sounds louder?  I don't know how these things work, and I'd like to be able to learn more about it.

yes and no...

the TT isnt that good to begin with so your sound quality is going to suffer either way. but anything is better than using internal speakers like that. 

If I were to have made an assumption, this is what I'd have guessed would be the case.  Once I get moved and some money saved up, I'll buy a little nicer inexpensive turntable, but it plays old records, so I'm happy with it.  I'm not looking to crank out wall busting volume, just have a clean sound.  Thanks for the replies.

If I were to have made an assumption, this is what I'd have guessed would be the case.  Once I get moved and some money saved up, I'll buy a little nicer inexpensive turntable, but it plays old records, so I'm happy with it.  I'm not looking to crank out wall busting volume, just have a clean sound.  Thanks for the replies.

no problem... what do you mean it plays old records? im confused. i mean, as far as i know all turntables play all records no matter what the age haha unless you mean 78 rpm... I promise you, level of volume and clean sound are two different things. if you want even a decent sound 250-400 should be the amount you spend on the TT itself. granted im speaking in very broad terms, but i think you get the idea. 

By "old records", I meant old music.  I like country from the 60s and 70s (Waylon Jennings, Eddie Arnold, Conway Twitty, Mac Davis, etc).  Non-new releases, for the most part.  I play guitar, so I assumed it was the same with a guitar amp as it was for speakers, that hte sound quality had to be decent in the first place to get a good high volume sound.

By "old records", I meant old music.  I like country from the 60s and 70s (Waylon Jennings, Eddie Arnold, Conway Twitty, Mac Davis, etc).  Non-new releases, for the most part.  I play guitar, so I assumed it was the same with a guitar amp as it was for speakers, that hte sound quality had to be decent in the first place to get a good high volume sound.

ahh i see, i thought you mean like "this one specifically plays old music for a special unkown reason" haha. nah man, my setup sounds great but isnt "loud," nowaddimsayin?