PO: After the Burial - Wolves Within

All politics of the release aside, how bad ass is After The Burial?  I know I say this about most other bands I talk about if you've read many of my other posts, but they're a MUST SEE live show.  Their studio recordings translate to awesome live sound & energy, especially if you're mosh/circle pit friendly. 

This recording has been a long time coming, many fans have become frustrated with how long the new recording has taken to be released.  I've been perfectly content with what they have out now & what they've been playing at shows.  The first time they played A Wolf Amongst Ravens, it didn't really catch on, but by the 2nd or 3rd time hearing it, it was sounding on par with their other music, which exceeds most other bands out there right now.  VERY excited for this new album.

• 5 weeks later...

I'll be waiting for Tuesday & grab a CD before I give it a whirl.  I'll also pre-order each color vinyl I think...  But

....fucking amazing...

is exactly what my expectations are.  I do feel the word 'amazing' is way overused in 2013 & the value has been taken away from what it's definition is, but I think this album will meet the defintion's requirements.  Good things are on the horizon for After The Burial.

On a side note, they're doing a CD release show a week from Saturday (on December 21st) at the Triple Rock in Minneapolis, Minnesota.  Your Memorial & I Am Vengeance are the supporting acts. 

Didn't the new Born Of Osiris album say it was exclusive to Soundcheck as well?  Or was that just the alternate artwork?  Hoping I can get this on Amazon since the I'm not paying $36 for an album :\

That was just the alternate artwork.  So I'm thinking this will only be available at Soundcheck :/  I'm going to pull the trigger sometime soon.

• 1 month later...

Just got this in the mail yesterday.  Awesome record but I was bummed that there was no download card included.  You would think they could throw that in with this price.  Oh well

Really? I didn't get my after the burial in the mail yet but i got I see stars new demons in the mail yesterday and it had a download card. same website and didn't say it included one but it did. did you get email shipping confirmation? just curious i want to spin this so badly love this album

Really? I didn't get my after the burial in the mail yet but i got I see stars new demons in the mail yesterday and it had a download card. same website and didn't say it included one but it did. did you get email shipping confirmation? just curious i want to spin this so badly love this album

Sure did.  That's weird because I also pre-ordered the I See Stars album and got both in the same shipment.  I got a shipping notification for the order.  I was surprised that it shipped before February.

As for the download card, I checked both pages and ISS does say it includes a download card while ATB does not.  It's just weird to not include since they've been doing it with all recent releases.

Yes sir

Well buddy, what's your email?  I've been a CD collector since about 1993/1994, if I were to have to choose between a vinyl & CD, I'll pick a CD.  Just my nature of being an 80's baby/90's teenager (and as a spoiled American I usually get both).  And of course, I import everything to iTunes for iPod so I have everything on MP3 as well.  High quality files too, I don't sacrifice when it comes to sound quality.

If I would've known I would've got them to ya the day it came out.

Well buddy, what's your email?  I've been a CD collector since about 1993/1994, if I were to have to choose between a vinyl & CD, I'll pick a CD.  Just my nature of being an 80's baby/90's teenager (and as a spoiled American I usually get both).  And of course, I import everything to iTunes for iPod so I have everything on MP3 as well.  High quality files too, I don't sacrifice when it comes to sound quality.

If I would've known I would've got them to ya the day it came out.

Oh thank you!  [email protected]

I still purchase CD's as well but not as much these days.  I also put a lot of effort into my iTunes library haha