Headphones Use With Stereo (Amp): Only the left channel has audio.

I'm not super savy with audio equipment so I'm not sure why only one channel would give audio with headphones while both channels work when using speakers. Would it be a blown fuse? It's an older unit. Denon DRA-550 if it makes a difference to anyone.

Sorry if there was a better place to post it, I just wasn't sure where to start to figure it out.

It's probably a bad connection in the headphones or the headphone socket, can you plug them in to something else and see if the problem is the same or wiggle the wires about at the phones or plug and see if it drops in and out

I wish it were. I've tried several different pairs of headphones and no dice. Wiggling the connection doesn't change the sound either.

It's been like this for years. I just never got around to fixing it.

Also not a cheap solution, but couldn't you go the route of a headphone amp to bypass the internal socket

If you're a big time headphone user (and you have decent headphones) then a $200 Little Dot headphone amp -- heck, proably a FiiO -- is going to blow away a modest receiver's headphone out anyway.