Needle cartridge problem

So I just bought a new cartridge a shure m44g I came home and this was my first time ever installing a cartridge to a headshell it took a while but I got it mounted I was excited to try it and when I played a record I got a buzzing sound no sound on my right side and no bass I put all the colors right so I don't know what I did wrong my old needle didn't have these problems and it was a cheaper one any suggestions would be very appreciative I really want to start listening to my records again

So I just bought a new cartridge a shure m44g I came home and this was my first time ever installing a cartridge to a headshell it took a while but I got it mounted I was excited to try it and when I played a record I got a buzzing sound no sound on my right side and no bass I put all the colors right so I don't know what I did wrong my old needle didn't have these problems and it was a cheaper one any suggestions would be very appreciative I really want to start listening to my records again

are you dj'ing? that's a dj cartridge. i wouldn't really recommend it for everyday listening as it tracks pretty heavy. i'd recommend the m97xe, though that's probably not your problem. if it's just on one side it could be a loose wire, a short, or the cartridge is not properly calibrated (ie crooked). 

are you dj'ing? that's a dj cartridge. i wouldn't really recommend it for everyday listening as it tracks pretty heavy. i'd recommend the m97xe, though that's probably not your problem. if it's just on one side it could be a loose wire, a short, or the cartridge is not properly calibrated (ie crooked).

i wanted to get the m97xe but I don't have the best set up so I was scared I wouldn't be able to hear the highs really good and I read that it's more quite

What about that humming sound I'm getting it kinda sounds like when you don't have the head shell connected to the tone arm

that doesn't answer my question. do you know how to ground your table, and is it grounded? grounds easily come undone. 

but it sounds like one of the wires on your cartridge has a loose connection.

yea I have my table grounded and the the other side is grounded to my pre amp

I'm going to a local record store Sunday I called they said they'll install it for me