Record bags/boxes

Hi

This has probably been asked a thousand times but I couldn't find anything when searching so feel free to point me in the right direction.

Any recommendations for soft or hard record bags or boxes? The only ones I see regularly are the curved corner aluminium carry cases but wondered if anyone had anything that was a bit nicer/different.

It depends on what you're using them for. I usually travel with only 45s, and I happen to like the Odyssey line of 45 Road cases.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_35101_Odyssey-FZ45120.html

If you're just looking for something to transfer records, I love my soul jazz bag.

http://www.souljazzrecords.co.uk/discography/?l=89

If I'm flying somewhere, I'll almost always toss that bag in my carry-on in the event I purchase records, it's easy to bring them home.

If your a little handy and like DIY, you can make your own. Go to a hardware store and buy some length of thick, firm foam. Cut it to the size of the inside of a suitcase. Then choose the size of record you want to store, and carve out a nice snug fit in to the foam.

Once you've done that you can either glue it in place, or leave it as a bit of a temporary thing.

It'll only cost about $5, and you'll need a serrated knife and a file/sand paper

Good idea! I might try this at some point soon. Mostly need something portable to shift 45s and LPs around the place, so this sounds like a good option.

I once saw a 12" box made from an old army ammunition tin. It looked great but can't seem to find it anywhere at the moment. Anyone seen anything like this?