Tape Trading?

celebdeath

Yeah, I know, kinda nothing to do with vinyl, but would anyone be interested in tape trading? I have an idea where we swap 3 tapes ( I can send 3 tapes without cases to anyone in the world for $6.45) with each other. It's not to get rid off yr old shit!, but it is to try and set up a genuine trading for new, current jams thing.

So, if you want to do this with me, let's do it.

Two conditions though:

1. Any genre except hip hop, rap, chart stuff

2. New releases post 2007. I don't want yr old def leppard and Bon Jovi rubbish. Haha!

Other than that, if we have a chat and see what each other is listening to, we can tailor our random trades accordingly.

Interested?

what if you hate what the person sends and then you get no enjoyment out of the tapes? aren't they basically going to waste at that point?

That's an unfortunate side effect I suppose, but Id like to think that it's about taking a punt on something that you might never have heard of. Yeah, we'll prolly get stuff we don't like, but we're only paying postage. I guess it's not about how much said tape is worth on the open market (got eBay and Discogs for that), it's more about the culture of sending stuff to ppl, opening dialogues and such. It used to work in the old days, before the internet... Haha!

I'd like to think traders would talk about things and send appropriate stuff.

...and if you don't like it, you can trade it off to someone else :) and they may well love it.

it would be cooler if we did like a secret santa type thing and randomly got someone and then we had to make a mixtape for them. be it a mix tape or mix cd. I think that idea would be cool and you still get to spread around the music without giving up your things for them to potentially be listened to once and then put on a shelf for eternity

We tried this over on another board, and when it worked, it worked really well. you got a taste of what the other dude was into, and you had a bit of fun putting the art together for your contribution. Ppl seemed to grow cold on the idea pretty quick though. First couple of the trades went well but then ppl just kinda stopped doing it. It's a cool thing though.