Twisted Records Thread (Shpongle, Hallucinogen, Ott, Prometheus, Younger Brother)

Do any of you know why Are You Shpongled was kept to such a low press count?  I'm seeing that some of the more recent albums are like 3x more copies, but it was always my understanding that AYS? and Ineffable were like, "the big ones".

Granted, I came to Shpongle in high school right after Ineffable came out, before they were even a thing here in the states.  It just always seemed like those 2 were "The big ones" which maybe that's why Ineffable got like 2k? 

AYS? was the first album and thus the first remaster made available. Also the first time the whole album together on vinyl. The first two presses had only two discs.

THe RM had a small run of 500 copies and sold out very fast, hence another press of 400 with transparent discs.

IM was 2 x 500, (Red and black) and they'll probably print more tho since they sold out fast as well.

Edited by Widar

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/2/2020 at 11:05 AM, Widar said:

They'll print more for sure. Only 2 x 500 this print, they'll probably do two more sets of different colors.

On 11/8/2020 at 3:02 PM, Widar said:

I heard trough the grapevine that another edition of IM is in the works. 3 x 12", remastered and live versions as well. 

Happy New Year! Any news on the additional pressings? I'm still sore I wasn't able to grab it in October lol Due to the vinyl boom, I'm sure there are long lines to get anything pressed these days 😋