Windows or Mac?

Guest conoley
15" macbook pro. love it. but it sucks when you try to rip off software and the only downloads for the installation programs are for windows. or maybe i dont know how to use my mac and i don't look hard enough. i'm a new mac user, up until i got my macbook pro, i've been windows my whole life. so there's a lot i need to learn about it.

Do you have oink? They have a good mac apps page.

I'm really into computers, have been since 5. By really into them I mean messing around inside, tweaking it, etc. So for most of my life I've been an avid Windows fan. However, lately I just don't have the time for that and prefer ease of use, ala OS X.

I use both operating systems. My main machine is a powerhouse of a PC (I actually have OS X installed on it, but I'm going to be wiping that partition) that runs Windows XP -- I'll never run Vista.

I also have an iBook G4 for my laptop. My next big computer purchase will be a Mac Book Pro, because I'll favor something compact, that's still rather powerful for what I do.

I'm planning on installing Ubuntu Linux on my main PC as a dual boot very soon. I installed it on a new web server at work and my brother also uses it. I could not be more impressed with a simple operating system. I'm assuming by sometime next year I'll be touting a Mac Book Pro w/ all three OSes installed.

/geek

• 3 weeks later...