RSD: MGMT - ORACULAR SPECTACULAR -LTD- by Music on Vinyl

I just bought the original pressing a few months ago...really considering grabbing the RSD release. Any suggestions if it's that worth it to upgrade?

I bought the original in like February, before I realized that there was going to be an all-analog remaster for this. This is one of my favorite albums in the past few years, so buying the remaster was a no-brainer. It absolutely sounds better. 

The original pressing seems to be just a flat transfer of the digital master, which sounds no better than the CD or FLAC version. The new version is MUCH more dynamic. This remaster is one of the reasons why I buy vinyl -- to get better sound quality. 

Whether or not its worth the upgrade is all on you. But if you like the album, and you have decent equipment that can take advantage of the sound quality difference, and you appreciate good sound quality, then you won't regret the $20-$25. 

I think for the European RSD release 1500 numbered copies.

And the US RSD release 7000/something.

New On Vinyl have the European release still available http://www.newonvinyl.com/en/mgmt-oracular-spectacular-rsd-2014.html

Soundstagedirect the USA release but it is sold out

Makes me happy that the european is 1500, makes mine at least a bit more limited. I got number #000418

I bought the original in like February, before I realized that there was going to be an all-analog remaster for this. This is one of my favorite albums in the past few years, so buying the remaster was a no-brainer. It absolutely sounds better.

The original pressing seems to be just a flat transfer of the digital master, which sounds no better than the CD or FLAC version. The new version is MUCH more dynamic. This remaster is one of the reasons why I buy vinyl -- to get better sound quality.

Whether or not its worth the upgrade is all on you. But if you like the album, and you have decent equipment that can take advantage of the sound quality difference, and you appreciate good sound quality, then you won't regret the $20-$25.

Hey look, a VCer that actually cares about sound quality. Welcome to the club!

Just got Congratulations. Wow. It sounds amazing. I have an original, and it sounds like they added more to it if that makes any sense, the remaster definitely made a lot more of it pop.

Definitely created a different mix than what they did on CD/Digital/etc...

Spinning Siberian Breaks is an absolute pleasure.

If we happen to stumble across a 3rd person who cares, maybe then could actually start our own thread so we can talk about what vinyl releases sound good and which ones don't.

Get over yourself.