shaky floor + turntable!?

memory foam is too soft, your turntable wont sit on it right, it won't be straight, its waaaaaay to thick. You need a 1/4" hard foam or something similar. Something you can press your nail or finger into with some pressure and that gives but it not too soft. Its gotta keep your turntable steady.

I thought memory foam was supposed to be really hard and dense?

Quote pulled from a different message board...

"A very cheap, very effective anti-vibration technique:

- Four of those generic black ashtrays found at nearly every bar (the set I have here at the house say "GES-LINE" on the bottom, they're about 4 inches diameter by 1.75 inches high, with eight recesses for cigarettes...they look like this: www.worldwiderestaurantsupply.com ).

- Some fattish rubber bands. Alliance size 64 3.5" x 0.25" are what I've been using, $1.50 for 1/4 lb (a LOT of rubber bands).

- Stretch out one rubber band over the top/bottom of the ash tray and through two of the the cigarette-recesses on opposite sides of the ash tray, and double it over for taughtness. (You'll break some of the rubber bands doing this...just replace these).

- Repeat until all of the cigarette-recesses are filled, then repeat again until you have two doubled-over rubber bands across each radius (with the ashtrays I use, that means a total of eight rubber bands for each). The reason for using the second set of rubber bands is to ensure that the result will be strong enough to support the weight of the turntable.

- Do the above with three more ashtrays.

- Screw in the feet of the turntable all the way.

- Place one of the resulting isolators centered under each turntable foot.

- Using a bull's-eye level ( en.wikipedia.org ) placed on the platter of the turntable, adjust the turntable feet until the unit is level. Although the turntable will obviously move a bit when being manipulated, it should pretty consistently return to level when resting.

- You will probably want to replace the rubber bands in a year or so, depending on environmental conditions.

Total cost should be $10 or less...way less if you work at a venue with a large supply of the ashtrays.

Those $200 Isonoe feet might work better, but the "ashtray isolators" have bailed me and venues I've worked at out of some troublesome turntable-feedback situations...and they've been stable enough for the hip-hop DJ's that play in those places. Unlike what happens with that that ridiculous blow-up "Cingular Wireless Logo"-looking product, the turntable will tend to sit level."

If you have to tip toe around to avoid jumping or skipping a record, wall mount. That's it.

All other options of putting stuff under your turntable will screw things up. Enough with the space foam crap!!!

The platter must be level to work with how much you had to adjust your stylus. You have gone through, or had someone go through, adjusting the vertical tracking angle, the tracking weight and the azimuth and then you are going to put a pillow under the turntable????

Man up and start drilling holes in that wall. A little poly-fil and paint and no one will know you were there.