PO: Vow – Make Me Yours EP

Hey all, check out The Native Sound's next release, Vow's Make Me Yours EP. It's out August 12th.

Here's some info: 

Consisting of vocalist Julia Blake, and instrumentalist Andrew Thomas, Vow have been known to dance along the genre lines of synth-pop, dream-pop, dark wave and post punk. Driven by drum machines and rich bass lines, Julia's soulful, and melodic alto vocals ooze on top of the analog pulsing synths and dreamy pads.

Make Me Yours finds the band transitioning from the darker textures of their debut, to more Cocteau Twins-inspired dynamics, implementing chorus-drenched guitars/bass, and palpable pop-informed vocal melodies. As with their debut, the EP will again feature Touché Amoré guitarist, and one-half of Andrew's ambient guitar duo, Wife, Nick Steinhardt on guitar. Steinhardt, who interestingly enough introduced Andrew and Julia to each other, also took charge of all visual aspects relating to the band's EP.

VOW_MakeMeYours_Cover_F_small.jpeg

Vinyl details:
Uncoated jacket, with interior printing
Black inner-sleeves
3MIL poly-bag
Digital download delivered to your inbox at least one week before the release date

Pressing info:
Clear with Pink Splatter – 50
Light Pink – 100
Black – 150

Pre-order here

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

Just a heads up – the record is out now! Vinyl hit a delay at the plant, but should be in within the next two weeks.

For now, stream the EP at Bullett Media, listen to a mixtape companion, TIME STANDS STILL at Exclaim, and read a track-by-track feature at Property of Zack

Thanks guys, I hope you dig it

All_three_copy.jpg

• 2 months later...

Been meaning to pick up Make Me Young for quite a while so the bundle order option fit perfectly. No shame I checked Vow out thanks to the Touché connection. Just finished giving Make Me Yours first spin and listen. Just the kind of music my collection has been lacking. Really quality release and doesn't hurt the visuals are also top notch with this one. Defiinitely in for multiple listens,

Thanks for those involved making this happen!

Ps. I totally failed to notice it would be a 12" release so that was also extra nice surprise when the record arrived, haha.