Music Hall mmf 2.1 or Thorens TD 180

I would like some help deciding between two used record players. The MH is ~$200 and the Thorens is ~$150. The price difference to me is not that important but quality is. The Music Hall has an elan goldring cartridge while the Thorens has a stanton 500 mk3. The tables are in very good shape and are purchased from a store, but I will check everything out myself as well.

So I was wondering which one might be better and why in some other people's opinions. So owners of either would be helpful. I will be testing both out this week and I know whichever I think sounds better is the one to go for, but I would like to have some info before picking. Thanks for reading.

There was a time when Thorens made some great tables, but the TD-180 is a piece of crap.  You are wayyyy better off with the Music Hall dude.

Sadly very true, they still do make some very nice turntables but the costs for their good ones are extortionate and the 180 doesn't fall into the good category, also discontinued now I think. A good 2nd hand TD160 which the 180 is a loose plastic copy of would also be a good choice

It seems dumb, but I do not like that you have to switch speeds manually on the music hall.

This is not as big a problem as a lot of people seem to worry that it is. Changing speeds on these tables manually takes about 5 seconds. You can also purchase a speed box.

Maybe I will just try out the music hall. I am there so it can't hurt to test both, but keep in mind the thorens is not very good. It seems dumb, but I do not like that you have to switch speeds manually on the music hall.

I wouldn't waste time with the Thorens TD180 , it has nothing in common with products made by the original Thorens company, who made the best t/t in the world in the early 70s. Misic Hall ( Project) t/ts virtually own the entry level Hi Fi market,