WTB Cassette Walkman

2moreinches

I have one of these: (not my pic tho) and it's SOLID.  Only downside is batteries...  I don't have the vmss shockwave headphones it came with, but I have studio-quality AKGs, which I prefer anyway. Or just line-in to your system, or whatever.

walkman.jpg

Also have one of these: (again, not my pic) but not sure if I trust the build quality enough to actually play my precious tapes in it. No joke, my now-ex's mom was gonna sell one of these for like $1.50 in a yard-sale, so I claimed it.

Sonic-The-Hedgehog-Cassette-Player-RARE-

You can really tell a difference in quality just by holding and looking at them.  The Panasonic has a latch that holds it shut, as for the Sonic, you could probably just open it even while a tape is playing.

How much did that run you to get? I'm just not sure what the price range is I should be looking for or where I should be looking exactly. I was thinking eBay but I'm scared of buying a trash walkman

Sonic was free, and the Panasonic, wow that was a long while ago...  I honestly couldn't tell you.  Yeah, buying used would be dicey, unless maybe it had a pro refurb, or if you just didn't care if your tapes got eaten :S  But you'll never find new, so New In Box might be the best you can hope for.  No idea how much something like that would run on eBay, got mine around when they came out, when they were still being sold in stores.