Has anoyone seen the Boys Night Out dvd?

its called Dude You Need To Stop Dancing... or something like that. they are one of my favorite bands, but ive never had an intrest to see this. it doesnt seem like it would be good.

is it?

ive seen the live performances from it on youtube, and they werent good. all i would really be intrested in in the songwriting experience from BBABK and MYS. other than that ... meh

Its...kinda meh.

Theres basically 2 main features to it. One is a fake documentary about the supposed break-up of the band (and death of Dave Costa). It's largely improvised and has a few funny moments, but comes off a little shotty and doesn't have much replay value.

The other is a show from the Train Wreck era, largely Train Wreck material. It's not too bad, but it's not spectacular either. Its been a while since I've seen it but I remember thinking the singing was off quite a bit through it.

I have it and I'm glad I have it, but I'd say it's only worth while if you can get it cheap.

ive never even listened to trainwreck the whole way through. im not in to it. what drew me to boys night out were the lyrics on the first 2 (not including the you are my canvas ep). so when trainwreck dropped i just wasnt in to the idea of it. and it completely turned me off that there was a girl in the band. a girl in boys night out? the band that talks about killing girls? what the fuck. the new self titled is good though.

except most people i know think trainwreck is their best album, so it's not like people are really not acknowledging it.

i've been a huge BNO fan since their inception, since i was actually a fan of their old band "gym class joke" and the first EP is still the best thing they've ever done in my opinion. but i LOOOOOOVE trainwreck. and i hate their new album except for 2 songs. i think the progression from trainwreck to new album is way more drastic than make yourself sick to trainwreck.

trainwreck was still pretty dark, but it was more like the melodic songs from make yourself sick. the new album just sounds like a bad pop record for the most part.

about the dvd, it's pretty funny to watch once or twice, but other than that it's not spectacular. i paid 12 bucks for it, and it's not really worth more than that. there is nothing about any of the songwriting process or anything like that on it.

ive never even listened to trainwreck the whole way through. im not in to it. what drew me to boys night out were the lyrics on the first 2 (not including the you are my canvas ep). so when trainwreck dropped i just wasnt in to the idea of it. and it completely turned me off that there was a girl in the band. a girl in boys night out? the band that talks about killing girls? what the fuck. the new self titled is good though.
yeah i dont know man. i just cant get in to it. im not saying its bad, it was just a very drastic change i still refuse to accept. its like that bad religion album that people dont acknowledge.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I loved their first couple albums. Trainwreck was a complete turn off and its never been the same since. i honestly think they are to far gone for me to enjoy any new material.