FS: Boris - Vein Pic Disc Test Press

colt3ninja

Selling my copy. Not many exist in the wild. I'm asking $100 + shipping to wherever you may be. Here's some info on the release. Thanks!

ABOUT THE PICTURE DISCS:
> As you know we've been in a state of upheaval here as we've restructured and reorganized. Our warehouse had just under a thousand boxes in it (we counted) and one of them contained quite a surprise. Among hundreds of boxes of leftover record jackets was a box of picture disc samples from the first pressing of Vein. These picture discs are a great example of what Vein was supposed to be. 

> You may recall the great expense we endured with the first pressing of Vein. The original idea was to press perfectly clear picture discs (these are the samples from that attempt) but we ended up having to go with screen printed records. The mylar shifted fractions of an inch within the heat of the press, one or two small tiny bubbles formed and in some instances the goat image skewed a little bit. A lot of money (and I mean a lot) time was lost in this process.

> A lot of sales listings mistakenly refer to the commercially sold pressing as picture discs when in fact it was all screen printed vinyl. The picture disc version is much heavier due to the weight of the mylar combined with the heavy weight of the vinyl. The vinyl plays fine although the tiny bubbles (of which there are two or three on each record) create a low thud when the bubble occurs within the playable area. These are some of the only mylar picture discs ever manufactured. Keep in mind this is one of the only instances of mylar picture discs ever being attempted!

> While they do function well as records (despite the bubbling) they're archival in nature and intended for the curious, extreme collector. These are super rare sample records and are particularly fascinating if you're into vinyl and how it's manufactured. There is no jacket included. You will receive the sample pic disc in a paper sleeve along with the mylar “pictures.”

• 2 weeks later...