I'm done with floorstanding speakers for a while. Buy my two sets. Focal and Mirage.

I've recently downsized things a bit, and switched to easily moved bookshelf speakers and stands instead of floorstanders.  So, I've got two sets for sale.   These are local pickup in the Milwaukee, WI area. 

Set 1:  JM Lab Focal Daline 3's.  $225. These are early 90s transmission-line speakers (big bass in a small package) with Focal's inverted dome-tweeters and fully rubber woofer surrounds, so there's no monkeying around with crumbly foam on these.  They've also got new gold-plated binding posts.  I've owned these since 2012.

These are pretty efficient speakers, and I've driven them with as little as 12 wpc and they can perform with that.  They sound FANTASTIC...as they should, considering who made them.  The cabinets are solid, but have corner nicks.  The front grilles could really stand to have new fabric put on though. 

14735776284_925d6234d6_z.jpg

23491972149_b1accd04ee_z.jpg

16062402789_c2e45fcccf_z.jpg

Set 2:  Mirage M-5si's.  $425.  There are currently two sets of M-3si's on craigslist near me with $1000 asking prices, so this is a pretty solid deal.  These are big (4.5' tall at least) heavy bi-polar monsters from Mirage of Canada - back when they made good speakers.  Each speaker has two tweeters and two woofers - one forward facing and one rearward facing.  These speakers are in pretty much mint condition.  The bases, spikes, tops, socks, posts, and all of the drivers are in excellent condition.  Two spare tweeters are included also, which I pilfered from a set of smaller Mirage speakers.  These speakers are mirrored left and right and have matching serial numbers, and their original boxes and packing materials. 

These are really smooth and nice sounding speakers, with a giant soundstage.  BUT, they are NOT efficient, and they're a relatively difficult load to drive.  Trying to drive these with your Pioneer SX-550 will result in something getting fried.  I used a Sony TA-N77ES and then a pair of Crown 1500's to run these. 

21065020058_16a6b32d83_b.jpg