RP6 vs Scout Jr

I'm purchasing a new pre-amp and a turntable at the same time.

I've made up my mind on a Pro-Ject Tubebox DS but am still unsure about a table.

I LOVED the Scout Jr w/ 2M Blue but am also really curious about a Rega Rp6 w/ Exact 2.  The RP6 comes with a dust cover and the Scout Jr does not so they will essentially be the same price.  I like that the Scout Jr. is pretty customize-able  but I don't see myself upgrading or modifying anything.

Help?

EDIT: I should also note that I have a Music Fidelity M3I and will also be purchasing some new speaker cables (Kimber 12vs 10ft pairs speaker cables with Wbt-0645 connector)

Choosing between these two, I would definitely go with the VPI. The Rega tonearm has no VTA and no azimuth adjustment which is a pretty horrible idea to me.

However I personally wouldn't take any of them, because having to change the pulley to change speeds is total no-go for me. You can buy an power upgrade for both, but that pushes the price up even further into an area where there are plenty of other options that already include these basic features. The Marantz or any other Clearaudio would be a good alternative.

Other decent options include MusicHall or Funk Firm.  

Gets my vote

That said at this level you can't make a decision like that without actually going and listening yourself so any advice anyone on here gives you is opinion only nothing more and certainly not worth basing a purchase on.

One point though you say you like the Scout becasue it's customize-able but there is no more customize-able table in the world than a Rega so that doesn't really hold water as an argument

Edit

As someone else already mentioned other Clearaudio tables or the Funk Firm tables would be a good alternative plus don't forget Sota.

PS: I know it can be rather annoying to have decisions being picked apart by total strangers, but to me  $700 phono stage and $230 cartridge are somewhat "misbalanced". A good phono stage IS important, but if you have no plans of using MC cartridges the DS main feature (the super flexible on-the-fly MC loading) is kinda lost.

Gets my vote

That said at this level you can't make a decision like that without actually going and listening yourself so any advice anyone on here gives you is opinion only nothing more and certainly not worth basing a purchase on.

One point though you say you like the Scout becasue it's customize-able but there is no more customize-able table in the world than a Rega so that doesn't really hold water as an argument

Edit

As someone else already mentioned other Clearaudio tables or the Funk Firm tables would be a good alternative plus don't forget Sota.

I agree - I have already listened to the Scout JR and RP6 at my local dealer.

Like I said I am not looking for a table that I can constantly tinker with.  I basically want to "set it and forget it." and have a great sounding system in my living room.