If you wanted Hillary and now back McCain

Guest baseball
Yeah, I didn't mean the original pre-2004 vote. Wasn't there some funding bills at one point or something though? I must have been wrong about his support then. I don't follow election campaigns closely.

In my defense, I did type it with a question mark :).

Funding bills aren't the same as supporting the war. Sadly the troops are there. And this president is the kind of asshole to leave them there without bullets if the funding doesn't some through.

Sorry for the rant before. I live in Tennessee and hear the secret Muslim bullshit all the fucking time and I've gotten defensive.

Well, I don't know if I agree. I think if you're funding a war you're supporting it, so we'll have to agree to disagree. I understand the complications in how to handle something that's already been started, but it's still support in my eyes. Again, sorry to give the impression that he supported the war, I was unsure and shouldn't have typed in in '()' like I did.

Yeah, I understand. And I live in Maryland, a through and through blue state. So I get sick of people also treating the guy like he's our next savior and defending every last little thing he says or does like he can do no wrong.

I didn't mean for my post to sound like an attack on Obama. I don't hate the guy and I don't get emotionally attached to politicians either. I would have made virtually the identical post about any one of the candidates, but Obama is the guy on top so that's who I was criticizing. I was just trying to point out that even Obama is pulling the same old tricks that GW and other politicians have been.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funding bills aren't the same as supporting the war. Sadly the troops are there. And this president is the kind of asshole to leave them there without bullets if the funding doesn't some through.

Sorry for the rant before. I live in Tennessee and hear the secret Muslim bullshit all the fucking time and I've gotten defensive.

Well, I don't know if I agree. I think if you're funding a war you're supporting it, so we'll have to agree to disagree. I understand the complications in how to handle something that's already been started, but it's still support in my eyes. Again, sorry to give the impression that he supported the war, I was unsure and shouldn't have typed in in '()' like I did.

Yeah, I understand. And I live in Maryland, a through and through blue state. So I get sick of people also treating the guy like he's our next savior and defending every last little thing he says or does like he can do no wrong.

I didn't mean for my post to sound like an attack on Obama. I don't hate the guy and I don't get emotionally attached to politicians either. I would have made virtually the identical post about any one of the candidates, but Obama is the guy on top so that's who I was criticizing. I was just trying to point out that even Obama is pulling the same old tricks that GW and other politicians have been.

I understand. I would ask though for examples of what tricks he's pulling?

Guest baseball

I understand. I would ask though for examples of what tricks he's pulling?

Getting out of Iraq but supporting a huge amount of money going to the Mexico conflict.

The track record of success in Mexico is no better than that of Iraq. Sure, they're different issues, but the end result will be the same, it's not going to solve the problems there and it will be at the expense of the safety of the citizens of the country. I'm just not so sure he really believes that it will fix the problems in Mexico so much as it will continue to please his contributors. Again, this is a popular resolution with many politicians, not just Obama.

If you'd like a reference you can look at how much money the US wasted trying to curb drug trafficking in Colombia. This militaristic approach is not working and its making it even more unsafe to live in those countries. It's a shame these topics don't get as much coverage in the media.

At least an argument can be made that Mexico certainly is more of an issue for American citizens than Iraq. As for as the USA's stance on drugs, its just backwards but that is going to take a long time to fix starting with the debunking of drugs as some heinous thing only broken people use.

Guest baseball
At least an argument can be made that Mexico certainly is more of an issue for American citizens than Iraq. As for as the USA's stance on drugs, its just backwards but that is going to take a long time to fix starting with the debunking of drugs as some heinous thing only broken people use.

Truth. I guess I'm just disappointed. This would have been an easy thing to take a stand against for Obama without being branded as some kind of drug sympathizer by Republicans.

There's a nice track record of failure for sending that kind of money to a notorious drug trafficking region like Mexico or Colombia. If the Republicans tried to pull that he could have just said, "look we tried that in Colombia and it didn't work...etc etc" and backed it up with facts.

It's not exactly the same as if he were to come out in support of the current marijuana decriminalization bill that was introduced by Barney Frank from MA. At least then I'd understand that he wouldn't want to touch a subject like that so close to election time since the Republicans would wrongly accuse him of being some kind of drug dealer sympathizer or something ridiculous like that.

Truth. I guess I'm just disappointed. This would have been an easy thing to take a stand against for Obama without being branded as some kind of drug sympathizer by Republicans.

There's a nice track record of failure for sending that kind of money to a notorious drug trafficking region like Mexico or Colombia. If the Republicans tried to pull that he could have just said, "look we tried that in Colombia and it didn't work...etc etc" and backed it up with facts.

It's not exactly the same as if he were to come out in support of the current marijuana decriminalization bill that was introduced by Barney Frank from MA. At least then I'd understand that he wouldn't want to touch a subject like that so close to election time since the Republicans would wrongly accuse him of being some kind of drug dealer sympathizer or something ridiculous like that.

Taking a pass on that one issue seems more like basic survival. He already has to fight the lies being put forth against him (SECRET MUSLIM!) so he's taking a pass on an obvious lose issue during his first run. I'd be surprised to see him not make some change in the war on drugs during his term.

I'm voting for Obama for the free drugs.