WANTED: gods reflex-scenes.... lp

I think the reason I dislike that album is because I had to hear them play one of the songs on it probably 50 times in one day (the mentormentormentor one...I have no idea which song). When Stillwell was still a band, we went on a little mini-tour/Rebound Records showcase thing down in Texas with Gods Reflex and for some reason we both recorded a song in the guy from No Reply's studio(the TX emo band, not the hardcore band). I think they were supposed to go on a comp 7" that never came out. We ended up putting our track (which we later re-recorded anyway) on some local benefit comp, but I can't recall if they ever used theirs for anything. Anyhow, the point is, they played the song like 5000 times, and it got really boring. Basically, two bands in the studio together is a recipe for boredom when the other band takes forever.

Wow, I remember that show. With Align, Gods Reflex, and Horace Pinker. I remember being excited about it because the bass player from Horace Pinker was in Jawbreaker. I didn't think they were very good though. Small world.

Wow, excellent memory! And that was HP's first show with Chris from Jawbreaker, too -- and it was Chris' first live performance since Jawbreaker's last show. I geeked out pretty hard over that.

There was a fifth band on that bill, too, but I can't for the life of me remember who it is. Sand Which Is, maybe? I think GR were on tour with them at that point.

i see that you have one of these.....although you didn't mention it so i don't suppose you'd be willing to part with it would you?

There was a fifth band on that bill, too, but I can't for the life of me remember who it is. Sand Which Is, maybe? I think GR were on tour with them at that point.

i see that you have one of these.....although you didn't mention it so i don't suppose you'd be willing to part with it would you?

Not a chance in hell. I grew up with these guys and saw them a million times, they're one of my most important/influential bands growing up. Sorry.

Oh man, I remember Sand Which Is. I forgot all about them. I don't remember what they sounded like at all.

Fugazi-ish... They had keyboards, too. Their big claim to fame was that they were ex-At The Drive-In, supposedly, but to this day I have no idea which one of the guys in that band were in ATDI or for how long (or short) a time period.

You know, you should try hitting up Zach, their singer -- he runs the band's posthumous MySpace page and I bet he still has a box leftover: http://www.myspace.com/godsreflex

Not a chance in hell. I grew up with these guys and saw them a million times, they're one of my most important/influential bands growing up. Sorry.

word i know the feeling. had to ask though.

thanks for the link i'll definately hit that dude up