Seeing Billy Bragg tonight

What a great show. His banter in between songs were just as good as the music itself. He played the entirety of Life's a Riot as the encore.

that was the first time i had seen him play last night and i thought it was such a great show.

I saw him before at the Henry Fonda about a year and a half ago. That show was slightly better because the crowd was more into it, but it was still awesome.

I've seen him a few times and it's always mind blowing. Last time he was heading east, from playing sxsw and his voice was shot, so he had to play his lower toned songs first, to warm up...he played a Verve cover as his opener(the drugs don't work), a bit of folsom prison blues, joking we were getting the Johnny Cash version of bb...plus he plays a lot of his Union songs when he plays here, cause we're usually pretty well represented in the crowd.

That said, I'm seeing him again on Saturday!

Woo hoo, picked up the new album today and can't wait to get home and listen to it!