Systemdek IIX question for anyone who has one

Hi, i recently purchased a Systemdek IIX turntable with a stock tonearm (teardrop shaped armboard). I have a question for anyone that may have one of these. I have read on other forums that it is a good idea to clean out the bearing housing and potentially replace the bearing and oil. Well I removed the housing and don't see any bearing at all in there. But it appears to be attached to the spindle as seen in this picture I found from someone else's ebay auction. Does this look right? The manual says that it should have a removable bearing. Is this thing stuck to the spindle or is this just a model of the turntable that had a slightly different subplatter setup? I couldn't find any other pictures online of the spindle so i have no way to know for sure if this is normal.

This unit is in pristine shape and I love the look of it but I want to make sure that I am getting the most out of it.  It actually sounds very good but it is currently running  about an rpm slow. So I'm grabbing a new belt as i think the one with it is a bit stretched out. But I wasn't sure if the bearing could be causing speed issues if this didn't look right. Any help is appreciated.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by fish

Yes that's the bearing at the bottom of the spindle and yes it should be removable but there is no real need to remove it but they are a push fit.

You can replace them with ruby ones but unless you are going to do a lot of other upgrades and the rest of your system is up to it I doubt you will gain much from it, chances are a clean, re oil and a new belt will yield much more benefit.

I can't remember how many system decks I've owned over the years but most of them have left me upgraded in some way. I've replaced the platters with thick acrylic ones, replaced the base boards with acrylic ones, made new armboards, replaced the arms, rewired the arms, replaced the motors with DC ones and made new power supplies (both AC and DC for them), I've never felt the need to replace a bearing once except when the whole bearing assembly has been worn but the ball is usually the last thing to wear.