PO: 924 Gilman St: Let's Talk About Tact... DVD

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

924 Gilman St: Let's Talk About Tact and Timing DVD

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/virus381

After posting something on our message board about carrying DVDs, we decided to start offering them. What is the first DVD that we are gonna offer you ask? Well, we are now taking pre-orders for the upcoming DVD about 924 Gilman St. I haven't seen it yet, but I can only imagine that this thing is gonna kick some ass. Here is what the one sheet says:

Punk notables Jello Biafra, Ian MacKaye, Lars Frederickson, and Matt Freeman (Rancid) among others lend their perspective to 924 Gilman Street, while live footage of bands as diverse as Operation Ivy, Screeching Weasel, Pinhead Gunpowder, Pansy Division, Fleshies, Against Me!, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, etc. show the synergy of band, audience, and venue that makes this a special place. The feature film is 86 minutes long, and the DVD includes a short film as well as surround sound and classroom versions of the audio.

We are not expecting copies until July 29th.

I really don't know why but I just don't really want to see this. I mean...Maybe it's because it's so close that Gilman doesn't seem that amazing. I get why it's so special (it's also a non-profit now!) but I just couldn't see watching a DVD about it or it's shows (especially since the sound is garbage for a lot of the older ones).

I really don't know why but I just don't really want to see this. I mean...Maybe it's because it's so close that Gilman doesn't seem that amazing. I get why it's so special (it's also a non-profit now!) but I just couldn't see watching a DVD about it or it's shows (especially since the sound is garbage for a lot of the older ones).

I'm not so interested in hearing about Gilman itself, I'm more interested in the band footage and interviews and stuff. The whole East Bay pop punk/punk/hardcore from the late 80s/early 90s was a big influence on me growing up so I'm interested in seeing this.