Sludgeworth is playing Friday...

...in Chicago at Reggies. Figured some people would be interested in this and no one has brought it up, I think the promoter kind of dropped the ball.

FYI Sludgeworth was a band in the late 80's that splintered off of Screeching Weasel the first time they broke up and have some really brilliant songs. They also had all these weird punk-funk songs too that I'm not a huge fan of. After they broke up, Dan went back to SW and eventually on to the Riverdales, the Mopes and the Methadones. Some of the other guys in the band continued on with the funk thing in a band called Pound and eventually Ethyline, but they're all(minus Dan) in a band called Magnafux now who are opening the show Friday. the Effigies are playing too.

www.mpshows.com

www.myspace.com/sludgeworth

i saw them at riot fest last year and they were awesome, it didnt seem like the crowd were into them that much though. but when i saw them all they had were cd's and they said that they told No idea, i think it was no idea, to send them a whole bunch and they only ended up getting 10 to sell. So they only had those cds and some shirts

i saw them at riot fest last year and they were awesome, it didnt seem like the crowd were into them that much though. but when i saw them all they had were cd's and they said that they told No idea, i think it was no idea, to send them a whole bunch and they only ended up getting 10 to sell. So they only had those cds and some shirts

No, that was Lookout.

i knew it was one of the two, my baad

I'm pretty sure Dan is going to be re-issueing the Losers of the Year comp on CD on his Transparent label that him and Adam Copyright are doing. ...there's a chance*cough*another Chicago label*cough*is going to release a vinyl version of that*cough*

Magnafux played well. They're sort of all over the place sound wise...more or less reflective of old punk rock dudes playing punk rock mixed with trash metal and a dub song thrown into the mix. Not great, not bad...middle of the road bar punk.

Effigies were the Effigies, solid set, played the hits, weren't amazing, but IMO never really are.

Sludgeworth played the best set I've seen them play in the 3 times seeing them(the reunion in 2000(or 2001?), last year at Riot Fest and now) Dan sounded great, band was on point, the unfortunatly small crowd was 100% there in the moment. sing alongs were crazy loud. short sweet and to the point set, all the songs you wanted to hear and the 2 funkier songs they played even sounded awesome.

I think that the ppl seeing them tomorrow at Insubordination are in for a treat!

i knew it was one of the two, my baad

I'm pretty sure Dan is going to be re-issueing the Losers of the Year comp on CD on his Transparent label that him and Adam Copyright are doing. ...there's a chance*cough*another Chicago label*cough*is going to release a vinyl version of that*cough*

No shit? You gotta make that happen! Or at least the unreleased songs.

BTW, are you doing the rest of the Methadones releases? I thought I was reading that somewhere.

No shit? You gotta make that happen! Or at least the unreleased songs.

BTW, are you doing the rest of the Methadones releases? I thought I was reading that somewhere.

Believe me, I'm working on it.

that's the plan. This Won't Hurt is probably going to be next because the band wants to finish a couple songs for bonus tracks on Not Economically Viable.