Smithsonian Folkways Recordings

The Smithsonian Institution, Smithsonian Folkways Recordings’ primary goal is the preservation, publication, and education of music awareness. It seeks to accomplish this through its vast catalog of recordings, currently 3000 albums and 43,000 tracks, as well as a national educational initiative. Please help a group of MBA students assist this non-profit record label with this short survey (approx. 2 min).  We need your opinion to assist in the survival of this important music collection.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YH9ZRLH

I love love love the idea and mission of Folkways even though in reality I rarely am in the mood to sit down and listen to traditional Polish working songs from the mid-1920s or whatever. Such an important label that seems to have adapted pretty well to the digital age so far. Glad they're being proactive about continuing that.

There wasn't a comment field, but I would love to see Smithsonian Folkways make the jump to Bandcamp. I personally prefer it to all other platforms - they do streaming & downloads well, the ability to grab lossless files is nice, they offer a lot of features for labels like artist pages, bundles, subscriptions, etc. Plus it's run by kickass progressive-minded people who care deeply about the future of music.