Killed By Death series

Found a couple unopened volumes of the Killed by Death series (it's like the equivalent of Teenage Shutdown for hyper-obscure first generation punk bands) at some shop in Atlanta this last week. One of them was marked 1/700. I know the series has been around for a while, but does anyone know anything about the history? I'm guessing they're somewhat illegal, but do they see regular repressings? Any and all info would be appreciated, as my Google Fu is lacking.

I think every copy I've ever seen has 1/700. KBD are all bootlegged records, as there is no "Red Rum" label, it's just a label that everyone who's made a KBD LP uses as ongoing joke. The first couple of KBD'S....maybe 3 or 4 were all made by the same dude and all of the first pressings came on black vinyl, with colored vinyl bootlegs(bootlegs of a bootlegs...get it?)following. The first 4 were all american bands, after that then people started making international KBD comps. Everyone that I've seen has the Howdy Doody comic on the back. Off the top of my head that is all I can remember about them. I think the first 4 in the series were 700 on black and then the rest on colored vinyl......so black was the original pressing color and as I said earlier the colored vinyl was just someone else bootlegging those records. I don't know much about issues 5 and above though. Sorry.

I think every copy I've ever seen has 1/700. KBD are all bootlegged records, as there is no "Red Rum" label, it's just a label that everyone who's made a KBD LP uses as ongoing joke. The first couple of KBD'S....maybe 3 or 4 were all made by the same dude and all of the first pressings came on black vinyl, with colored vinyl bootlegs(bootlegs of a bootlegs...get it?)following. The first 4 were all american bands, after that then people started making international KBD comps. Everyone that I've seen has the Howdy Doody comic on the back. Off the top of my head that is all I can remember about them. I think the first 4 in the series were 700 on black and then the rest on colored vinyl......so black was the original pressing color and as I said earlier the colored vinyl was just someone else bootlegging those records. I don't know much about issues 5 and above though. Sorry.

Thanks much! +1 for the help.

Out of honest opinion I think those comps are fucking great. So much of that music was made in pressings of 500 or less, so owning original copies of those records are next to impossible even if you're willing to throw down lots of money as they just aren't enough around that are for sale. Everyone I've ever listened to has been great, enough so that it's almost become it's on genera. You should check out the Flex book if you haven't already. I assume you're into american punk/hardcore. It's an essential grab. The new issue just came out. The book itself is about 70 dollars or so but it is the end all coffee table book. I have an older copy that I got for christmas a few years back and I have yet to put it down. It's just sooo good. Only american stuff, it has pressing info, rates how good the record is on a scale of 1-10 and gives a briefs description of each record. It has pretty much every us punk/hardcore record you can imagine, even some of those original records by some of the KBD bands.

Out of honest opinion I think those comps are fucking great. So much of that music was made in pressings of 500 or less, so owning original copies of those records are next to impossible even if you're willing to throw down lots of money as they just aren't enough around that are for sale. Everyone I've ever listened to has been great, enough so that it's almost become it's on genera. You should check out the Flex book if you haven't already. I assume you're into american punk/hardcore. It's an essential grab. The new issue just came out. The book itself is about 70 dollars or so but it is the end all coffee table book. I have an older copy that I got for christmas a few years back and I have yet to put it down. It's just sooo good. Only american stuff, it has pressing info, rates how good the record is on a scale of 1-10 and gives a briefs description of each record. It has pretty much every us punk/hardcore record you can imagine, even some of those original records by some of the KBD bands.

Could you link me? I'm starting to go back through the history, as as much as I love the iconic bands, I need my genre fix and I can't listen to the Clash's self-titled 8 million times in a row (awesome as it is).