Song is playing through stylus

Hi everyone,

I'm completely new at all of this and maybe I'm paranoid but I want the best for my vinyl so I am going to keep asking questions...

Right now, the song is playing through the stylus. I've never had a turntable before and nobody warned me about it. Is this normal? Is this damaging the stylus or the vinyl?

Thanks!

19 hours ago, LojaRich said:

Hi everyone,

I'm completely new at all of this and maybe I'm paranoid but I want the best for my vinyl so I am going to keep asking questions...

Right now, the song is playing through the stylus. I've never had a turntable before and nobody warned me about it. Is this normal? Is this damaging the stylus or the vinyl?

Thanks!

Is your music turned way down and you're just hearing it quietly from the vibrations of the needle? Because that's normal. If you're hearing it over your speakers, that's a little odd.

12 hours ago, LojaRich said:

Yes, it's playing through the stylus without the speakers. People keep saying it's normal but I can hear the lyrics even. It seems a little excessive.

You may need to adjust your tracking force? Did you do that when you set up your system? (Also, people can't don't get notified your responded to them unless you quote or tag them.)

1 hour ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

You may need to adjust your tracking force? Did you do that when you set up your system? (Also, people can't don't get notified your responded to them unless you quote or tag them.)

The only adjustable option I see is this thin knob on the arm that is connected to a spring and I haven't touched it because I don't want to mess anything up.