Thrift Turntable - Sounds Slow at 33 RPM - Help!

corbet

What would be better, a rega or a Pro-Ject Debut III? I've been eyeing the Debut III for $300 on musician's friend for a while now.

Anyone seen these yet? http://www.crosleyradio.com/prods/cr249.html $150 isn't bad.

rega p-1 and the project debut III are really similar, i went for the rega, it seems more sophisticated, and i'm really really really happy with it.

awesome, thanks. so, would all dj turntables have a stylus counterpart that would be optimized for everyday listening? or would i have to seek one out that has a compatible stylus designed for minimal weight? the turntable i use was my fathers from the 70s and ive been thinking about upgrading to a new model. theres really no rush, i do need to pick up a new belt, however.

they almost all do. most will come with a regular cartridge which will allow you to change out the stylus. i say read reviews and pick what works for you. i like numark but if i had the cash to drop i would pick up a Technics 1200. they're the gold standard.

i would highly recommend getting a direct drive.