Ninja Gun Restless Rubes reviewed by What We Hate

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

Coody just sent me a link to a really great review of Ninja Gun's latest album, "Restless Rubes". What We Hate wrote one hell of a review and I might add, one of the most articulate. A few excerpts from the review:

There's been something of a Renaissance in the underground lately. These bands--many of them hailing from the South--emerge having been raised on equally copious amounts of Tom Petty, Johnny Cash and Ramones, with a predilection for playing music deeply rooted in Americana while harmoniously blending a down-home sense of honesty with a unique pop sensibility. It's a formula that yields some fantastic music when properly executed, and on Ninja Gun's debut Restless Rubes it all comes together.

I'm having a difficult time finding anything wrong with Restless Rubes. Whether or not it will have the staying power necessary to elevate it from 'great' to 'classic' remains to be seen, but in both practice and execution Ninja Gun have created the closest thing to a perfect record I've heard this year.

You can read the entire review here (http://whatwehate.typepad.com/what_we_hate/2008/07/ninja-gun---res.html). What We Hate captured many of my thoughts on why I wanted to release this album. I really hope that those of you who have yet to check it out, does so soon. The album can still be the soundtrack to your Summer.

Stream the album here (http://wwwpunknews.org/bands/ninjagun.).

The album can still be the soundtrack to your Summer.

This has already been the soundtrack to our summer for me and a handful of other friends. I mention this in every thread about this band/record, but this will most likely be the best record this year. Soooooo good. Still need to order the vinyl, though.