Mischief Brew,these guys are amazing!Restocks,News

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

DAVID DONDERO/ MISCHIEF BREW “Two Boxcars” split 7″

MISCHIEF BREW “Songs from Under the Sink” LP

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Store/Search.aspx?&Page=1&Sort=1&key=mischief%20brew

I have said this time and time again, but one of the greatest perks of my “job” is how often I get turned onto incredible bands that I would have never had the opportunity of hearing otherwise. Mischief Brew are one of those bands that I would have never heard if not for Vinyl Collective. AND THIS WHERE I HOPE PEOPLE ARE CONTINUING TO READ - MISCHIEF BREW ARE THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN FOLK/PUNK,PUNK,GYPSY-PUNK, WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT. They write incredible songs, put out their own records, and they really work hard to create their own destiny. “Songs from Under the Sink” reminds me of an old favorite, Swingin Utters, and at different moments, I hear elements of bands like Against Me, Flogging Molly, Frank Turner, Billy Bragg, and the Pogues. Besides being a brilliant band, they run their own record label, Fistolo, who put out a majority of their records. If you can’t tell, I love this band! They get my highest recommendation.

A quick little update before I end this long diatribe, we will soon be posting pre-orders for two new Mischief Brew releases which I have already received test pressings (for future test pressing contests) from Fistolo (and have already started listening to!!!!). The first is a split LP w/ Joe Jack Talcum (of The Dead Milkmen) whereby both groups record modern renditions of Dead Milkmen songs. FUCK YEAH! “Deans Dream” is on there for those of you who recently picked up the TBR/BC split 7″. The 2nd release is a Mischief Brew 7″ called “Jobs in Steeltown”. Man, I love this band. Stay tuned for those new releases and do yourself a solid, pick up the two releases listed above and pick up the LP by German label Gunner Records which we also carry.

Guest Admin
I've been waiting for news on the new Mischief Brew stuff for over a week now. I almost preordered from Fistolo but when I saw there was going to be a test pressing contest, I've waited it out and it's killing me!

once I get an ok on quantities, we will post our pre-order. thanks.

Guest streetcore

i haven't listened to this band in a looong time. the last thing i heard from them was the album that had "roll me threw the gates of hell" song so i wouldn't mind checking the new songs out.