WILLIE NELSON & WYNTON MARSALIS "Two Men With The

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

WILLIE NELSON & WYNTON MARSALIS "Two Men With The Blues" dbl LP

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/bnte504454

It might be because I am currently reading the biography, "Willie Nelson, An Epic Life", but I am digging this record a lot. I have become a big fan of what Willie does and have been slowly making myself familiar with his catalog, but this is a really neat idea for a release. Plus, it is nice to break up the punk, metal, hardcore, and indie that many of us have on our shelves.

To give you a bit of background, the description reads:

The event was simply billed as “Willie Nelson Sings the Blues,” but the historic two-night stand on January 12 and 13, 2007 at Jazz at Lincoln Center was far more than that. Call it a summit meeting between two American icons, Willie Nelson & Wynton Marsalis, two of the most significant figures in modern-day country and jazz, who discovered common ground in their love for jazz standards and the blues. Their performance stirred the sounds of New Orleans, Nashville, Austin and New York City into a brilliantly programmed mix that was equal parts down-home and cosmopolitan, with plenty of swing and just a touch of melancholy. To say that these shows were a hot ticket would be an understatement. Luckily, the tapes were rolling and the results of this unique collaboration now constitute the Blue Note album Two Men With The Blues for everyone who couldn’t cram into The Allen Room.