The Road - anyone read it?

Guest conoley

Guest conoley
Dude, weiiiiiiiird.

I almost started this thread yesterday!

I started reading this yesterday and I'm already halfway through. Hopefully I can finish today.

Yeah, it's a pretty quick read. It gets better and harder to put down as it moves along as well.

Guest conoley
What's the plot? And where can I get said book? I'd prefer to rent it (like a Blockbuster) and return it, as I don't buy many books. A book loan place if you will.

PM me your address, I'll mail it to you.

It's about a man and his son walking through post-apocalypse America

What's the plot? And where can I get said book? I'd prefer to rent it (like a Blockbuster) and return it, as I don't buy many books. A book loan place if you will.

PM me your address, I'll mail it to you.

It's about a man and his son walking through post-apocalypse America

Save your time. I can see that for free when McCain wins in a few months.

Read it, loved it. I plan on reading All The Pretty Horses next.

True advice my dad gave me, "I don't care how good the movie is, you can't say 'I want to see All the Pretty Horses' and not sound gay".

Bless that man

Haha! Good point, but written by the same man that gave us "The Road" and "No Country For Old Men".

I think this book is amazing and probably one of the best books I have ever read. The movie however will suck shit, as natural with adaptations, starring Viggo Mortenson, who is fucking wrong for this role, and Charlese Theron, whose is wrong in anything, as the mother.

Viggo doesn't sound like a bad choice. The mother is pretty much irrevelent to the story isn't she? I don't mind Theron, but they really didn't have to cast some smokin hot babe in the role.

I think this book is amazing and probably one of the best books I have ever read. The movie however will suck shit, as natural with adaptations, starring Viggo Mortenson, who is fucking wrong for this role, and Charlese Theron, whose is wrong in anything, as the mother.

Viggo doesn't sound like a bad choice. The mother is pretty much irrevelent to the story isn't she? I don't mind Theron, but they really didn't have to cast some smokin hot babe in the role.

I think he's a fine actor and will probably kill it, but I just can't see him as that guy. I actually see someone more like guy pierce, who is in the movie.

If anyone on here who has read this is a father, how did you feel about it?

• 2 weeks later...