PO: NOW - Daniel Johns - FutureNever (Out 4/1/22)

Tommy

futurenever-709x709.png

FutureNever Blue & Red Marble Vinyl (Standard Edition)

FutureNever Translucent Blue Vinyl (Exclusive Edition)  (SOLD OUT)

FutureNever Picture Disc Vinyl (Carve Your Name In FutureNever Edition)  (SOLD OUT)

First 500 pre-orders will be personally signed by Daniel Johns.

Limited edition - one pressing only. Never to be repeated.

Thank you for listening to my podcast ‘Who Is Daniel Johns?’ I didn’t know that I needed that experience but I did. The reception around the world has inspired me and I’m not anxious about what comes next anymore, I’m ready for the ‘FutureNever’. ‘FutureNever’ is my new album, it is coming out April 1st 2022 and is available for pre-order now. This time I’m doing things on my own terms, ‘FutureNever’ will be the first album I release on my own label via a new global deal with my friends at BMG. ‘FutureNever’ is a place where your past, present and future collide - in the ‘FutureNever’ the quantum of your past experiences become your superpower. The experience of the podcast has helped me make peace with my past and I’m ready to tackle this new world bravely. I won’t be leading in with singles, the album is designed to be enjoyed as an album. Call me a hopeless romantic but that’s the benefit of releasing music on your own label. Nobody can tell you what to do. ‘FutureNever’ is an eclectic mix of music that I’ve made over the last couple of years. A few of my friends will be jumping on the record, I’ll be slowly revealing them in the lead up to the album. Visit FutureNever.art to pre-order now and I’ll send you an email with a link to my new version of After All These Years which you may have heard throughout the podcast. FutureNever.art is an evolving, interactive platform and leading into the album release I have a lot of surprises planned. I’m ready to have fun with this and I’m excited to do this together with you. I’ve got some new merch items on sale and a very special limited edition vinyl bundle where 500 people who order ‘FutureNever’ will have their names (or the name of a friend or loved one) ‘carved’ onto the marbleised vinyl. I know I have a tendency to go missing but I’m back now.

Follow me into ‘FutureNever’.
Dan x

Edited by satoshi

Silverchair are up there with my favourite band of all time, with Diorama being easily my favourite album of all time.

That being said, Talk was really hit or miss for me. The Aerial Love EP was really promising (go listen to Surrender if you've never heard it), but the full release fell pretty flat for me. 

Interested to hear what angle Daniel is going for on this one, so I've preordered one of each variant (I'm a sucker for signed anything), but I'm not overly optimistic.