JVC L-A31. insane angle on headshell/cartridge.

Hello, how r u all . I have been looking for help & found this forum. I've acquired a JVC L-A31 turntable but the headshell & cartridge are canted and I'm having trouble trying to make it level!!! I undone the two screws underneath the collar which is behing the headshell and it did turn, but when i tightened the screws again it wanted to turn back again! Which lead me to believe there may be a v out or something alike where the screws contacts the tone arm, so it goes back to same position? My next question is, once them two screws are out, should that collar slide off? I didn't want to pull too hard or twist until i knew more. And if it does slide off, what is underneath where the screws come in contact?

Also, just in front of the counterweight there is a line, is this line meant to be dead centre on these? Or just to left of centre? Should i set the counterweight zero to that line when it seems off, or put the zero or set number to the very top(centre) of tone arm? And before u say it, that line is off centre in opposite way to headshell...!!!!! It has the potential to sound real good and when set perfectly even better. So I'm trying to get to bottom of this. Thanks greatly, hope to hear from u soon. Regards, David...

16 hours ago, SnottyCurtains said:

I took some pictures of this problem but can't work out how to add them? It only states "insert image from URL.

I need more than turntable help!!! Lol...

I am also new to this forum and I am also not able to figure it out but I think you can upload image on imgur and share the link here.