Set Your Goals: Off of Eulogy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

question (my girlfriend asked me last night and i didn't know the answer): will they sell the cd/record on tour anymore? i mean, they probably have some leftover that the label gave them, but once that runs out will they not sell it anymore since they would have to get more from the label?

question (my girlfriend asked me last night and i didn't know the answer): will they sell the cd/record on tour anymore? i mean, they probably have some leftover that the label gave them, but once that runs out will they not sell it anymore since they would have to get more from the label?

unless there was a specific detail in the contract buyout that stated Eulogy wanted anything back from the band with Eulogy's stamp on it, that they cannot sell on their own... then yes, that would be what the buyout is for. For all I know the buyout could have also been that SYG's got the rights to their music too. Depends on what they agreed on. All I know is according to Eulogy that this is "old" news behind close doors that just got out, and that both parties are moved on? I think the label just signed a bunch of SYG rip off bands/bands similar to SYG to make up for it if I am not mistaken?

If John from Eulogy (think that is his name?) let's him sell whatever they have (left?) then I'd imagine they still will.

What SYG doesn't seem to want is people buying anything SYG related directly through Eulogy/Double Or Nothing/Whatever website that isn't SYG personally.

The problem here lies the same with Hawthorne Heights and Victory and maybe even what Bleeding Through was bitching about with Trustkill (I know two lame bands blah blah) HH had a problem that if they got out of victory like they did, I believe Victory wasn't going to let THEM directly sell any music they put out through Victory ala tours and personal stuff. Bleeding Through was upset because every time they wanted label funding/help to put out a new album, and wanted to record/put out a new album, Trustkill would re-release one of their old albums with whatever packaging the label saw fit without them ever asking. I think SYG got tired of Eulogy milking the vinyl cow with the represses, other packaging nonsense... haha @ that stupid fucking treasure chest out of 5. I doubt any of that is what some of those guys in SYG really stand for or sought out to believe in ideally nor do I think they ever saw any money from it.

Guest kylewilliam

i interned at eulogy from about four months prior to SYG getting signed. til two months post-mutiny's release. i guess im not suprised this happened, giving the track record of the label.