i have a class but i'm a lecturer

because i finished bachalor from art and design education.

one of my close senior friend who working as college design teacher invites me for 2 classes of design 2. a primary subject for first year of college university.

i'm not sure i can teach 'em as good as i should.i'm far away from working in a school.

and i have to prepare some class sheet before monday and first class will come on next thursday.

it's hard for me....

Guest baseball

My girlfriend's a teaching assistant for a cross cultural sexuality (I believe) class this semester. Kind of the same thing, I think she more like answers questions and discusses the articles and stuff after the original lectures. I always thought I'd kind of like being a lecturer, but then I'd probably be scared to death once I got up there.

What specifically are you worried about, Yu? Are you not a good public speaker?

scott,

i only ever teached a highschool art students.i think a feeling of first time when i met 'em as same as you faced with horde of ap fan when you're on tour with ap.

noise and chaos but when you proove yourself for 'em to pay respect,everything will okay.

but this is my first time for teach university student.

they is a same period of mine.i mean younger than me only 5-6 years and i worry i can't control a class.

i have to lecture about 'how to find some inspiration for design' and 'how to work with your original motif'okay my experience can help me (at least because my senior friend found that in me,he decide for invite me) but i don't know how i will do if they didn't interest in what i will lecture.

it's really hard....

Guest baseball
I was a TA in grad school, and it was crazy standing up in front of the students. The weirdest thing was seeing some of those same students at the bars on weekends.

What are your degrees in?

I was a TA in grad school, and it was crazy standing up in front of the students. The weirdest thing was seeing some of those same students at the bars on weekends.

cosmonaut,

most of students always try to connect with ta because they will feel more comfortable in next class.

but one bad thing for you is they may ask you for pay some drink....

cosmonaut,

most of students always try to connect with ta because they will feel more comfortable in next class.

but one bad thing for you is they may ask you for pay some drink....

Yeah, dude, it's good to connect with the students, but it's weird seeing people out of the usual element. The students didn't really care, they just wanted to party. But I always felt weird seeing them out.

Guest baseball

What are your degrees in?

I have a BA in political science and an MA in international political economy.

That's cool. What kind of job do you have if you don't mind me asking?

My heart's kind of always been in social or political sciences (as you can see from my reading list), but I never really knew if I could pursue it academically with the getting a masters/phd and what not. I ended up getting a degree with computers because I was pretty good at it, it's always a good paycheck, and there will always be work around, but it's not a passion by any means, hah.

I'm probably going to wake up when I'm like 35 and just go into a completely different area outside computers and work towards becoming a professor or something in my later years, haha.

I work in international economics dealing with foreign corruption in the Middle East. It's not my dream job, but it pays the bills and I work only 40 hours a week. That's pretty rare for DC. Ideally, I would like to get a job doing activism-related work, but since I have a little kid on the way finances do factor into the equation. I try to deal with that by involving myself with local things, like doing some volunteer teaching at inner-city schools, helping out with the Fort Reno shows, etc.

Guest baseball
I work in international economics dealing with foreign corruption in the Middle East. It's not my dream job, but it pays the bills and I work only 40 hours a week. That's pretty rare for DC. Ideally, I would like to get a job doing activism-related work, but since I have a little kid on the way finances do factor into the equation. I try to deal with that by involving myself with local things, like doing some volunteer teaching at inner-city schools, helping out with the Fort Reno shows, etc.

That's cool. Activism work would seem to be a lot of fun, my girlfriend will probably go into some kind of sexuality related activism when she's done school and stuff. I do the occasional thing up here. Of course, this kind of freaked me out:

http://www.aclu-md.org/aPress/Press2008/071708_PeaceGroups.html

Me too. I've been following that.

I used to work for the Colorado chapter of the ACLU when I lived in Denver. You learn a lot of messed up stuff in that office. I worked with a lot of inmates who filed claims of civil liberty violations within the prison system, and that is just so fucked up.

Hey Yu, I wouldn't worry about teaching university student vs. high school students too much. At least in the US, high school kids are less likely to pay attention, and university students might have better questions. I think if you come across with them like you do with us on the boards (i.e. as a nice guy), you'll do great. Also, I think the smaller age difference is a good thing, because you're going to be easier to relate to than someone who's 20 years older and hasn't actually worked in the field like your students want to.

I'm interested in teaching too, so I'd like to know how it goes for you. Good luck!

you're the other one who working as teacher and collecting vinyl who i know on this board....

:)