help me get my white whales [baroness]

Guest kylewilliam

Guest kylewilliam

this is my penultimate collection, one of my favourite bands of all time and a full collection is very much within my grasp. if you have any of these and want to let go of them, let me know what you're looking for for them

First-

1st press on black w/ blueblack insert

2nd press on black w/ yellowish insert

2nd press on brown

Second-

1st press on black

split 7" w/ coliseum, high on fire on black.

split 7" w/ coliseum, high on fire on clear

i already have black second ep but i don't know how difference about first press and second press of black second ep.

hyperrealist ever described me as 'not exactly difference'.

if you're looking for first press of second ep on black and you have the black one in your hand.

i think you completed the second ep....

Guest kylewilliam

the 1st pressing of first and the 2nd pressing of first have black as a colour. The only variation is that the insert on the first pressing was blue/black and the second pressing had a yellowish insert.

the 1st pressing of second and the 2nd pressing of second have black as a colour. there is no difference in them at all.

this is my penultimate collection

It's your next to last collection? What's that mean?

"oh. i thought it meant like.....super ultimate"

also, baroness records are on ebay every week almost, and offered for sale on messageboards monthly at least. thus negating any possibility of them being a white whale.

Guest kylewilliam

its the second to last collection i am going to pursue, yes. thats what the word means.

and they are MY white whales. records i would like to get. I don't have an ebay account and dont want one, so I will troll message boards for them. no need to be rude/condescending.

not condescending.

"white whale" threads are always split between the people who think white whale means, something they want, and between people who feel white whale means something so rare that you arent even sure if it exists, or maybe have seen it once, and have spent a good chunk of your life chasing. i am of the latter group.

not condescending.

"white whale" threads are always split between the people who think white whale means, something they want, and between people who feel white whale means something so rare that you arent even sure if it exists, or maybe have seen it once, and have spent a good chunk of your life chasing. i am of the latter group.

As am I.

Guest kylewilliam
not to threadjack, but im actively lookign for ANY copy of first

eddie, just wait two months and get the first/second reissue. ive heard some of the remastwered tracks and im going to say that they are 10x better sounding aurally than the originals