F/S Fender American Strat

birdwell

How D kids,

I need to get rid of an Axe...A Fender American Double Fat Strat to be specific.

It's an American-Made Stratocaster--Double Fat Strat Hard-Tail edition (later called The Big Apple Strat)

Specs & Specifics:

Color: Black w/ a Pearloid Pickguard

Pickups: Seymour Duncan '59 and a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates

Neck: Maple w/ Rosewood Fretboard (22 frets/extended scale length)

Switching: 5-way (positions 2 & 4 are Coil Tapping)

Bridge: Fixed Bridge (NOT A TREMELO)

Serial #: Z1001574

Year: 2001

Playing Hand: Right

Blemishes:

1. small ding in the Nitro-Cellulose on the bottom back of the neck at the 5th Fret marker (does not go through the Nitro into the wood)

2. at the bottom of the fretboard (where the Fretboard meats the neckwood) the Nitro-Cellulose is beginning to chip away (most notably at the 7th fret marker)

3. another small ding in the paint at the back of the guitar where the body contour meets the arm contour. it's very small and goes into the paint only...not into the wood

4. there is very little pick wear on the pickguard as well a very little on the finish of the guitar above the neck pickup

5. a very small patch of buckle-rash on the back of the guitar (none of which goes through or into the paint...just scuffed up)

Includes:

Two allen wrenches for adjusting the TrussRod and the Micro-Tilt of the neck

Schaller Strap Locks (pre-installed from the factory)

Original Fender Hard-Shell Locking Case (w/ key of course)

This guitar has had very little playing time on it and has never been gigged

I'm asking $750 + ACTUAL shipping (through whichever service you wish)

I paid over a grand for this when I purchased it...though that means nothing in the secondary market...

At Any Rate, I know that nobody on here has done business with me yet, so if you're concerned about doing business feel free to P.M. or post any questions. If you're weary about doing business w/ me we can set a price privately and I'll post a Buy It Now on e-bay and send you the link immediately so you can purchase via e-bay (I don't care for all of e-bay's fees...why I'm posting here first). I'll attempt to get some pics as well (esp. for the few blemed areas) for those who are concerned.

It's a great playing guitar. The overall tone is a bit bright for my personal taste. But it's a killer American-Made Strat. I just need money for bills (fuck debt) more than a guitar that sits in it's case...

Thanks,

birdwell

so my Digital Camera is old and shitty and doesn't like taking close up pics at all...that being said...I'll post the pics I have and sometime Monday i'll try to rent a Digital SLR for closer shots of the said problem areas...for now this is what I got

[image]

[image]

[image]

This image below is of the Nitro separating from the Neck/Fretboard

[image]

[image]

Feel free to visit my Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisbirdwell/site w/ larger images (which I didn't want to flood this thread with)...any other angles or what not I can try and get if anybody is interested

• 2 weeks later...