Friction update - Bear Vs Shark,LaDispute,LsDudes

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

[image]

LA DISPUTE "Vancouver" LP white w/ pink splatter LP

LSDUDES "S/T" LP red/yellow swirl vinyl

BEAR VS SHARK "Right Now You're In The Best of Hands" LP brown and white vinyl

BEAR VS SHARK Right Now You're In The Best of Hands LP (light blue/light yellow

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Store/Search.aspx?&Page=1&Sort=1&sku=fric

Friction records is a really interesting label. They put out some really great vinyl by the likes of Bear Vs Shark, Russian Circles, and Maps and Atlases. They have 2 new releases, a restock of Bear Vs Shark and we have a little update about Terrorhawk.

Starting with the 2 new titles. La Dispute has received comparisons to Bear Vs Shark and At the Drive In. LSdudes have been called "dorkily-dressed dickweeds... Proclaiming their enthusiasm for the lost arts of psychedelic drug use, satanic ritual, 80s videogame abuse..."

We also got in what might be some of the final copies of Bear Vs Shark's "Right Now Your In the Best of Hands". We got in 60 copies total and once they are gone, that could be it. The label has asked us to raise the price slightly to reflect the scarcity of this title.

Lastly, a quick upate about Terrorhawk. We have received most of the records, but are waiting for one of the colors that was accidentally shipped to Friction instead of us. Once we get those, all of those pre-orders will be sent out.

HOLY CRAP I WANT THAT LA DISPUTE RECORD! I'm so stoked they put Vancouver out on vinyl.

Backed. I confirmed with Vass and it's /500. I don't know how many VC got. Also, do you have Hear/ Here? I've been looking for a copy. If you don't have the 7", get it. It's stellar. Big surprise.

The label has asked us to raise the price slightly to reflect the scarcity of this title.

Way to support the scene, Friction Records!

This label sucks. Was anyone else suckered into buying the Bear Vs Shark live DVD they're selling on their website? It's a DVD-R in a clear jewel case with a sticker on it. Wow, how fancy! So glad I had to pay $10 plus shipping for it.