Guest admin1338560633

[image]

THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM "The 59 Sound" LP black vinyl

FLOGGING MOLLY "Float" LP gatefold

Gogol Bordello ìGypsy Punksî dbl LP

Gogol Bordello ìSuper Taranta!î dbl LP red vinyl

MXPX ìPanicî LP (Gold Vinyl)

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones ìJackknife To A Swanî LP

We just got in 50 more Gaslight Anthem 59 sound LPs. Get em while you can. If you don't own this record, do yourself a favor and pick it up. The record is great and if you haven't noticed the rest of the world is finally picking up on the fact that the Gaslight Anthem are amazing. I just read a piece in this month's Rolling Stone after reading a cover feature on Kerrang. I am so proud of these guys. I didn't write about it at the time, but the first week out, the 59 sound debuted on the billboard charts at #70 with over 7,000 sold. That number has a lot to do with all of you because the U.S. sales of the album with Vinyl Collective equaled 1,300 which really helped those first week numbers. Pretty rad huh?

Hey Virgil, do you report your numbers to SoundScan, or whoever keeps track for the billboard charts? My understanding (from reading about this on the board at some point) was that vinyl sales aren't reported, or at least independent stores like yours aren't, and that's one reason why those numbers don't really represent the reality of record sales.

Hey Virgil, do you report your numbers to SoundScan, or whoever keeps track for the billboard charts? My understanding (from reading about this on the board at some point) was that vinyl sales aren't reported, or at least independent stores like yours aren't, and that's one reason why those numbers don't really represent the reality of record sales.

The truth is that we have never reported to soundscan, but our friends at side one asked for our vinyl sales' numbers as they report their sales to soundscan through their mailorder. And our conversations with soundscan got me to thinking why don't we offer soundscan numbers and at the end of the day, we decided to see what it would take. Just this morning we received our account number and in about a week and a half, we will be reporting sales to soundscan.

The truth is that we have never reported to soundscan, but our friends at side one asked for our vinyl sales' numbers as they report their sales to soundscan through their mailorder. And our conversations with soundscan got me to thinking why don't we offer soundscan numbers and at the end of the day, we decided to see what it would take. Just this morning we received our account number and in about a week and a half, we will be reporting sales to soundscan.

Sounds like that'll be good for the bands whose records you sell, since you move a lot of records. Thanks for the info!

That's very cool for the people you rep. I never knew that's how it worked. awesome.