Detroit VC'ers goin to this show on Thurs.?

Cleons Down is playing a reunion/final show on Thursday, are there any VC'ers going? I'm heading out with Jeff Dean on Thursday afternoon to see em play. They were a typical midwest mid 90's emo band but what they were doing doesn't sound dated, aside from the poor recording quality.

the band broke up in 1997 and featured Jeff Dean(who's played in Tomorrow's Gone, the Story So Far, the Bomb, Four Star Alarm), Chris Golan(who's played in the Story So Far & King For a Day & Roosevelt's Inaugural Parade), Ben Force (who played in King For a Day) and Jay Navarro (who's played in the Suicide Machines, Roosevelt's Inaugural Parade and Hellmouth). I think they were pretty much a bunch of friends in other bands in Detroit that did a band together...I think it's gonna be pretty rad, let me know if there's anyone going and we can hang out at the show.

10-02-2008

21+, 8pm

at

Cork Town Tavern

1716 Michigan Ave.

Detroit, Michigan

check out some songs:

http://www.myspace.com/cleonsdown

I might go, but probably not. I would only be going because of the Suicide Machines connection, not because I know their material.

FYI that is a terrible neighborhood. It used to be pretty decent when Tiger Stadium was in operation, but when all the game crowds went more downtown that area turned into a shithole quick. I've never been to that bar.