Pressing Qoute

I am currently reading a price quote to press records. I am confused. Each step listed is the price? Add all those up and there is your total?

12 Inch Records

(minimum order 200 units)

Lacquer Mastering 280.00

1 Step Plating 170.00

2 Step Plating 220.00

Label Type Set 40.00

1 color label (Per 1000) 100.00

4 color process $250.00

Pressing (Each) .95

Set up charge (for orders less than 1000 units) 25.00

5 test copies (additional copies 1.00 each) 25.00

White die cut jackets (each) .30

Black die cut jackets (each) .35

Shrink Wrap (each) .1

I think on that modern marvels or whatever they did on records they explained there were like 3 plates overall. Like one that is the actual one use to pressed, then they use that one to press a backwards one, then they use the backwards one to press another original. Something like that. I may be wrong

Oh, the do a reverse on, I get what you mean..I think? Nick, aren't you and V doing something?

Yeah, I kinda procrastinate a lot but it should be announced sometime before the end of this year. Hopefully a release early next year. Pm me if you wanna know more but there really isn't anything too crazy, just a small label type deal

The difference in 1 and 2 step processing is basically the number of parts made from your lacquer in order to make more stampers in the future. Generally 2 step processing is the way to go.

The prices for pressing, labels etc are per piece. Shrinkwrap is .10 each. One cent would read .01, no idea why they left the 0 off. I would question the label typeset charge - see if they are going to charge you anything if you provide camera ready artwork.

This is an answer I got.

About 1442$ for 200 = 7.21 per 12"

Anyplace cheaper? Could use the help.

That's about as good as your going to get.

Pirates Press, has 500 colored, with full color jackets and inserts, all charges included except shipping (which is like 400 bucks) for 2000

And Rainbo I believe is about 1500 per 500 with all plating and shit.

But if you get Jackets and inserts your going to end up paying over 2 grand.

The Price differernce between 200 and 500 is a matter of a few bucks, usually.

Best to budget around 2 grand at least for any 12" pressing.

I am currently reading a price quote to press records. I am confused. Each step listed is the price? Add all those up and there is your total?

12 Inch Records

Lacquer Mastering 280.00

1 Step Plating 170.00

2 Step Plating 220.00

Label Type Set 40.00

4 color process $250.00

Pressing (Each) .95

Shrink Wrap (each) .1

That's United isn't it? 140 gram black?

Get your mastering at Aardvark, and skip the generic die cut jackets, and shrinkwrap

Just going through Aardvark for mastering and plating will save you almost 200 bucks, and those die cut jackets suck ass, and shrink wrap no one likes either, So that would in theory bring your cost down to about 1200 or so.

12 Inch Records

Lacquer Mastering 280.00

1 Step Plating 170.00

2 Step Plating 220.00

Label Type Set 40.00

4 color process $250.00

Pressing (Each) .95

Shrink Wrap (each) .1

That's United isn't it? 140 gram black?

Get your mastering at Aardvark, and skip the generic die cut jackets, and shrinkwrap

Just going through Aardvark for mastering and plating will save you almost 200 bucks, and those die cut jackets suck ass, and shrink wrap no one likes either, So that would in theory bring your cost down to about 1200 or so.

That quote is from Archer Record Pressing Company.

I checked United. I am liking what I am reading.

I knew it was ten, but it looks like they put it like that to try and "trick" people into spending more, ya know?

I don't think they're trying to trick anyone. Its more likely that the sales rep is a bad typist. I've had several invoices from Erika for 12' lacquers. Man, I wish I could press a 12 foot record.

I knew it was ten, but it looks like they put it like that to try and "trick" people into spending more, ya know?

I don't think they're trying to trick anyone. Its more likely that the sales rep is a bad typist. I've had several invoices from Erika for 12' lacquers. Man, I wish I could press a 12 foot record.

Wow Erika, I haven't heard that name in a long ass time.

Are they doing well?

They earned a horrible reputation for a while there.

Are they doing well?

I've been using them pretty much exclusively since the last days of my old label, so a little over ten years now. They're doing great. Like most places, they're slammed right now with a lot of vinyl work. I've heard a lot of people say that they had a bad reputation for a while, but I just can't imagine why. They do a fantastic job at everything they do. There was a shithead sales rep there in the mid-late nineties that wasn't easy to deal with (and would even refuse some work from me), but he's been gone for a long time now. Ken and Liz are great and I love working with them. They get all my business and will continue to for the foreseeable future.

Are they doing well?

I've been using them pretty much exclusively since the last days of my old label, so a little over ten years now. They're doing great. Like most places, they're slammed right now with a lot of vinyl work. I've heard a lot of people say that they had a bad reputation for a while, but I just can't imagine why. They do a fantastic job at everything they do. There was a shithead sales rep there in the mid-late nineties that wasn't easy to deal with (and would even refuse some work from me), but he's been gone for a long time now. Ken and Liz are great and I love working with them. They get all my business and will continue to for the foreseeable future.

where is this place?

Are they doing well?

s

Yeah I remember the late 90's as being when they were getting a lot a bad raps, and supposedly people just never getting their records and such.

I may give em a shot soon, is there a rep you suggest?

I' ve been on a virtual waiting list for 2 records for about 2 months. No test no nothing.

It's gotten really crazy lately trying to press anything, within a 6 deadline.

I was tempted to use Morphius, but had never used them before and their about the same price as Bill Smith.

where is this place?

It's in FL, I believe around Tampa somewhere?

invaderjay - They're in Downey, CA.

jailhouse - Yeah, give them a call. Talk to Ken Brisbin and tell him I sent you. He'll probably make some smartass comment. He's rad. I think their turnaround right now is about 2 weeks for tests and 3 more for production. I can't remember a time when people just weren't getting records from them, but I didn't press anything for a little while when I took a break from labels around 98.

Are you using Bill Smith now?

I like these quotes I got

12" Inch Records

Quantity: 100

Records (Black) ($.86 ea): $86

White die-cut paper sleeves $0

Set Up Charge: $70

Test Pressing (5 Records): $50

Postage Test/Tape to you: $40

Lacquer Mastering (2 Sides)*: $320.00

*put your music on a lacquer

Plating (2 Step, 2 Sides): $185.00