Cookbooks!

Inspired by the return of the weight loss/healthy eating thread. What cookbooks do you guys use? We have one completely awesome cookbook, but I'd like another one or two just for variety.

Here's the one we use. It pretty much rules. Most of the stuff is reasonably easy to make, and very tasty. And it can all be made vegan if you're into that.

[image]

http://www.amazon.com/One-Dish-Vegetaria....5575 479&sr=8-1

I'll have to check those out

we eat way too much frozen/packaged stuff

That's exactly what we are trying to avoid. It's hard at first because it seems like you don't have any of the stuff you need, but once you sort of get your kitchen stocked (spices, cooking oil, all that crap), it's actually pretty fun.

Myra Kornfeld's Voluptuous Vegan, and Carl Lewis' Very Vegetarian. We use these books all the time. The Very Vegetarian book is good for quicker, easier to make recipes, while the Voluptuous Vegan is great for special occasions and fancy meals. A lot of the recipes in there take a long time and ask for some not so easy to find ingredients, but every single recipe I have made out of that book has been outstanding.