ASVA...Fans of Earth, Sunn MUST check this out!

Guest noeffinidea

Guest noeffinidea

I was in the local record store lookin for some new sounds, and my buddy Kenny who works there recommended me Asva - "What You Don't Know Is Frontier".

HOLY SHITE! I dunno how well known they are (they only have two albums [on Southern Records)...but this is the best damn album that Earth never put out! Sounds like olllld Earth (Extra Capsular Extraction, Earth 2, Phase 3). 4 songs on the album, so they are long, but don't sound as drawn out as the old Earth stuff. There's also waay more happening in these songs being that there is 5 or 6 members of the group compared to the two-person guitar/bass stuff of old Earth.

On top of it all...hand's down one of the nicest packages of the year. If I had gotten this a week ago, it definitely would've been on my list of best packaging in 2008. Really wouldn't expect anything less from artwork/layout done by Stephen O' Malley Sweet-ass triple gatefold cover of thick stock...screeprinted silver ink across the whole package makes this look absolutely gorgeous. Here's a pic or two (did the best I could...the screened silver ink definitely "pops and sparkles" a bit more than the pictures show):

[image]

[image]

[image]

Srsly...this album = the shit! HIGHLY highly recommended if you like your music to take you on a journey that you don't even have to leave your room for!

Guest noeffinidea
Awesome, found it at Aquarius for $23! Got that along with the new Earth. Excellent.

Same here, Vinyl Fever had both WYDKIF and Futurists Against the Ocean for $23 a piece. I went back tonight to pick up Futurists but someone snagged it out from under me :(