Canon Rebel Digital SLR

Actually, while there are people in the thread who seem to know camera stuff... whats the consensus on the Sony A300?

I was playing with it at the store and I really liked the feel of it and it seemed to take great pictures. Is there any reason this thing sucks that I should know about before I look into getting one?

Actually, while there are people in the thread who seem to know camera stuff... whats the consensus on the Sony A300?

I was playing with it at the store and I really liked the feel of it and it seemed to take great pictures. Is there any reason this thing sucks that I should know about before I look into getting one?

First of all, a camera doesn't take good pictures a photographer does. If you're relying on the camera to pull through for you you really need to just save your money and keep using the point and shoot you already have.

Anyways, they're probably fine cameras, but I would stick with Nikon or Canon since there is such a large user base for these systems it is really easy to find accessories, lenses and everything else, especially used. You'll be much better off with a Canon or Nikon for that reason, IMO.

actually i saved 300+ thats a lot of money for me i dont know about you........... if it was 50 bucks i would give them the business

Fair enough. You should take some of that $300 you saved and go back to the shop to buy yourself the little things... extra batteries, nicer strap (the Canon strap SUCKS, check out OpTech), filters, a bag (I prefer Domke brand), etc.

i bought mine form a local electronics store, i lucked out and the guy working there bought the same one a few months ago and gave me a good deal on some stuff (extra battery, case, etc). he also knocked the price down on a zoom lens for me. he was pretty stoked when i told him i was looking at it and talked me through a bunch of the features.

I'm boycotting this model of camera because it's spokesperson is Avril Lavigne.

i hope this is a joke.

Amazon has a pretty good deal still for the 40d and the 28-135mm IS USM for under $999. For me, the 40d had better options (dual-dial, 6fps, ISO, etc.) but XSi is a good camera. The two don't differ much on image quality. You can also use that extra money you saved to buy a different lens.

I would check about nondigital lenses going on Canon's EOS series. I think you'd need an adapter? As for the newer Canon lenses, the EF-S is only compatible with certain bodies, while EF is compatible with all.

Oh yeah, buy a lens hood!