EGM's done

kinda shitty, at the start of the last console cycle til the start of this one, i would read it religiously. around issue 200 though they did a redesign that sucked ass and seanbaby's whit seemed to bottom out. after that i gave up on buying it, but sucks to see it go.

good mag back in the day i still have most of my issues from 98 to about the middle of 03.

That's a shame, but really, the magazine was publishing so many bad or not properly researched or far too short pieces that the ones worth reading were getting lost, not to mention the sheer amount of ads in each of the most recent issues (or so it seemed, but gotta have money to print that shit) that seemed to almost overrun the magazine at times. Somewhere along the line it seemed like video games was just far too much of a job or high and mighty critic post that a lot of what made them worth reading, even when the magazine starting dying, was all but gone.

And man, seriously, what the hell happened to Seanbaby's wit? He had me in stitches at the beginning, but the last year or so have had chuckles here and there, but otherwise were about as forced as insult comedy can be. Bleh.

Seanbaby's site was amazing back in the day, til he basically stopped updating and disappeared. then he got the EGM job and gave me another reason to read it. after a while though he started missing issues and went down hill. i wish he'd go back to showing weird 80's shit on his site again.