A/V setup question help?

So I got my new Onkyo TS-SA706 all set up and everyone works fine, except one really annoying thing.

My DVD/SACD player (Pioneer)...when it's hooked up to the analog multichannel inputs (necessary for SACDs/DVD-A)...no volume control on the receiver...just LOUD (but mute works)...for audio on DVDs and SACDs...and on all the receiver input settings...i've looked through all the settings and quadruple checked all the connections, but i seem to be missing something...probably something dumb...

any ideas??

otherwise, first blu-ray experience tonight...new turntable shows up on Wed...

no, i don't know why it would be any kind of "feature."

there is only one set of analog multichannel inputs...it's hooked up w/ RCA cables...worked fine on the other onkyo.

the dvd sound works fine through the coaxial hookup when multichahnnel cables are unhooked, so it's def something w/ those...but i won't be playing anything other than SACDs or DVD-A w/ this DVD player anymore...all movies will be in the blu-ray player...

in case anyone was dying to know...

frickin' user error.

i rechecked all connections tonight and noticed there are 2 sets of analog inputs. one is for preamp only. must have had them in there, cuz now it works.

d'oh. apparently my excitement was blinding me to what was right in front of me.

awesome now.