ever heard of flooding the market??

danthemjfan23

not sure if this is the right place for this thread, but i thought this was funny....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200295821736&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=010

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Falcon-God-Dont-10-LP-Red-333-Alkaline-Trio_W0QQitemZ200297927328QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item200297927328&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/FALCON-God-Dont-Make-No-Trash-10-red-alkaline-trio_W0QQitemZ220341607003QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item220341607003&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318

all these people are expecting to get like $90 because they've seen it sell for that recently. it'd be one thing if there had been more of these copies available to the public, and then maybe all these red copies going up for sale on eBay could have been from them.

but i remember how many people were trying whatever they could to buy/trade for this record on the message board (including myself - although i already got mine... thanks divaface) and didn't even get responses to PMs. i just think this is a shitty way to act.

isn't this board supposed to be all about looking out for each other? helping each other get the records we're looking for?

just sayin.

There are more than enough copies out there, both in and out of co-op members' hands, so I don't see why this couldn't be bought/traded for if the person who wanted it would make their desire known and could be patient enough to find the right trader. I also don't see how one person's inability to obtain something is somehow directly the fault of another person selling theirs on eBay.

This happens all the time with every new record anyone would want. Kids get it and then someone sells the first one (it goes for a boatload) and then everyone who may not want theirs sells it and the price plummets. It's pretty regular and the same reason I'm not selling mine right now.

Look at Gaslight Anthem, none of their shit was on ebay until that one white and red splatter. Once that sold for like $180 or some shit, the market was flooded with everyone trying to sell anything Gaslight related ever.

This happens all the time with every new record anyone would want. Kids get it and then someone sells the first one (it goes for a boatload) and then everyone who may not want theirs sells it and the price plummets. It's pretty regular and the same reason I'm not selling mine right now.

Look at Gaslight Anthem, none of their shit was on ebay until that one white and red splatter. Once that sold for like $180 or some shit, the market was flooded with everyone trying to sell anything Gaslight related ever.

I think it only went for $80, but it was so weird because it was still in print at the time.

I think it only went for $80, but it was so weird because it was still in print at the time.

Eh, maybe I'm thinking of the first black one. But regardless the first splatter went for way more than I ever would have assumed and then from that point on it was all out.