PO: MURDER BY DEATH / O'DEATH split 7" PRE-ORDER

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

MURDER BY DEATH / O'DEATH split 7" PRE-ORDER

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/MBDod7IN

Murder By Death are releasing the second of 7 records in a 7" series where they trade covering songs with bands they know. The second 7" will feature MBD performing O'Death's "Home" and O'Death performing MBD's "Brother". The art for this release is done by two fans who submitted and won a contest for the best fan art. Side A was done by Mason Thomas of Alberta, Canada and Side B by David K. of New Haven, CT.

We should see copies by the end of February at the very latest.

And yes, the 7"s are pricey, but 7"s are more expensive now than they ever have been to make. Only 1,000 will be pressed.

nothing against you virgil cause well you have nothing to do with it but i dont get why its now more than say 2-3-4 years ago expensive to press a 7" when vinyl is clearly seeing a nice jump in sales

nothing against you virgil cause well you have nothing to do with it but i dont get why its now more than say 2-3-4 years ago expensive to press a 7" when vinyl is clearly seeing a nice jump in sales

I can't pinpoint the exact reason, but from what I can tell, most manufacturers almost would rather not be bothered with 7"s when they can make more on lps/10"s. I just know what my cost is now and I have been pressing vinyl since 1995. Back in 95, you could do everything for about a buck (jackets, 7"s, everything) and you would wholesale them for $2, sell them for $3 in mailorder and on the merch table, adn sell them for $3.99 at stores. The price now is almost 3 times to make a 7" than those days. It costs more to press a 7" than a CD (2 to 3 times more). i wish that wasn't the case. It hurts to price some of these 7"s.

you answered your own question.

Vinyl is seeing a jump in sales. There are less raw materials. It is becoming more expensive to press everything, not just 7"s.