if you don't collect variants sign here

Guest drahtuos

i dunno, they do pertain to vinyl, that's the rule for this board right?

rules or no rules, all of these stupid threads are a waste of space and are bumping legit threads off the board. Do we really need four stupid fucking threads about variants. Some people do, some people don't, who gives a shit. I hate you, you hate me, this thread is lame and so are the other ones. Take your bullshit threads somewhere else

Guest drahtuos
i dunno, they do pertain to vinyl, that's the rule for this board right?

rules or no rules, all of these stupid threads are a waste of space and are bumping legit threads off the board. Do we really need four stupid fucking threads about variants. Some people do, some people don't, who gives a shit. I hate you, you hate me, this thread is lame and so are the other ones. Take your bullshit threads somewhere else

eh i don't hate you dude. chill out <3

Guest drahtuos
sign.

ps I love the plastic sleeves on your collection. They are a must for me.

i just realized this was directed at me haha. yes plastic outer sleeves are definitely a must. my favorite record store sells them used for 5 cents each! so cheap.

Never have probably never will. There's way to many albums I DON'T have to worry about getting different versions of the same record. I'd much rather buy five new lps at the record store, than buy the same record over and over. There are two types of people that collect variants. Weird, rich, suburban kids who have tons of money and no actual interest in music OR weird, rich old folks who are married with kids and have good jobs and nothing else to do. FUCK THAT. Buy records to listen to or don't buy them at all.

I'm neither of those.

Right. Because only owning music by five different bands CLEARLY shows your huge appreciation for a wide variety of music.

Funny, you see some of us are lucky enough to live in a place where there isn't a single record store in the radius of 600 miles, so for those of us owning music and appreciating it isn't the same thing. I'd like to see your "wide variety" of music you'd own if you had to shell out $15 for shipping a piece (plus customs taxes). And when a person appreciates a particular band to the extent of "collecting" records (which is no different than buying band tees, hoodies and all that other shit) the likes of you think that you're so above all other for buying only one copy of each release.

I buy records to listen to them. Had I the chance I'd buy ten times of what I buy, but I don't. Collecting on the other hand is a different thing. It's just my way of expressing the appreciation of a certain band/record. Don't think you're any better than me because you don't do that.

Guest drahtuos
Never have probably never will. There's way to many albums I DON'T have to worry about getting different versions of the same record. I'd much rather buy five new lps at the record store, than buy the same record over and over. There are two types of people that collect variants. Weird, rich, suburban kids who have tons of money and no actual interest in music OR weird, rich old folks who are married with kids and have good jobs and nothing else to do. FUCK THAT. Buy records to listen to or don't buy them at all.

johntx, i think your being pretty ignorant here. you know you shouldn't bash others for what they do with their collection. it's cool, non variant collectors have their reasons why they don't and variant collectors have their reasons why they do, and those reasons are legitimate. its cool to express why you do or don't collect multiples of the same albums, it's just not cool to be rude about it.

johntx, i think your being pretty ignorant here. you know you shouldn't bash others for what they do with their collection. it's cool, non variant collectors have their reasons why they don't and variant collectors have their reasons why they do, and those reasons are legitimate. its cool to express why you do or don't collect multiples of the same albums, it's just not cool to be rude about it.

Sorry if this offended you, I might have been a little bit harsh. Maybe what I said only applies to 90% of variant collectors. Normal music lovers and collectors generally don't have enough money to buy a record 10 times when there is so much other music to hear and consume... how this doesn't make sense to you is shocking. Why are you people into records?

Guest drahtuos

i agree there's too much music lacking in my collection to be buying multiples of an album i already own, that's my main reason for not collecting variants. but if someone is that die hard about a particular band or album that they like to purchase multiples of said album or band's albums, that is just fine. it doesn't mean they love music any less than you do, knaw wud i meen? <3